What You Can Expect on this Overnight Garden Route Big 5 Safari Small Group Tour:
Experience the Big 5 animals on an overnight South African Safari private tour to the 4-star Garden Route Game Lodge. Garden Route Game Lodge is a Malaria-free private game reserve and is home to an abundance of animal and bird life including the Big 5 animals.
Proposed and Custom Overnight Garden Route Big 5 Safari Small Group Tour:
- Hermanus: Our tour begins with an early morning departure from your accommodation in Cape Town. We will travel for approximately 1-hour, 30-minutes to the Whale Capital of South Africa which is Hermanus. We will stop along the shores, listening for the Whale Crier, who will alert us as to the whereabouts of the Southern Right Whales.
- Cape Agulhas: We travel to the Cape Agulhas for approximately 1-hour, 30-minutes. The Cape Agulhas is the known as the Official Meeting Point of the Two Oceans: Indian and Atlantic Oceans and is also the Southernmost Tip of Africa.
- Garden Route Game Lodge: Our exciting journey continues to the Big Five Safari where we will enjoy a shared Game Drive, dinner and overnight. The traveling time is approximately 2-hours, 30-minutes. Upon our arrival guests will check in at the Game Lodge accommodation. The evening Game Drive departs at 16:00pm (Winter) and 17:00pm (Summer). Please bring along a warm jacket or pullover on the evening game drive. Around 19:00pm we return to the lodge to enjoy a complimentary refreshment around the fire at the Boma. Dinner is served in the Boma or Serengetis Restaurant. After dinner guests are welcome to relax in one of lounges in front of the roaring fire.
- Garden Route Game Lodge: The early morning game drive departs at 7:00am and includes filter coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the restaurant. Warm ponchos and hot water bottles (weather depending) are provided, we do advise that you take something warm on the morning safari. After our game drive we return to the lodge at approximately 9:00am and enjoy a generous English Continental breakfast in the Serengetis Restaurant. Check out will be at 10:00am. Enjoy an informative guided tour of the Reptile and Interpretive Centre which departs from the reception at 10:30am.
- Swellendam: On our way to Cape Town, we will drive through the town of Swellendam for a town orientation tour. Swellendam is the third oldest town in South Africa.
- Cape Town: Upon our arrival in Cape Town guests will be dropped off at their accommodation.
- Luxury sedan or mini-van with private guide/driver
- Breathtaking scenic views
- Enjoy an overnight Safari at Garden Route Game Lodge
- Wake up to the roaring sounds of the Big 5 and other animals
- Spot the Southern Right Whales from the shores of Hermanus
- Visit the Cape Agulhas – the Southernmost Tip of Africa
- See Big 5: Lion, Rhino, Giraffe, Elephant, Buffalo & Cheetah
- Personal Guide/Driver
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Chilled bottled water onboard the vehicle
- 1 x Night Accommodation, 1 x Dinner, 2 x Game Drives and 1 x Breakfast at Garden Route Game Lodge
- Reptile Guided Tour
- Entrance fees at Cape Agulhas lighthouse
- Cape Town Tours with a personal driver in 2 Days .
- Meals and drinks
- Tips/Gratuities (optional)
- You can pay directly online
- Infant seats are available on request
- Children must be accompanied by adults
- Price of this tour is charged per Person
- All Game Drives on this tour are shared Game Drives and you may be joined by others on the Game Drives.
- Private Safari Game Reserves and Lodges cannot be compared to National Parks as they have a limit to the amount of animals they are allowed to keep. We work with nature and can therefore not guarantee that you will see all the animals on each Game Drive.
- Please bring along a warm jacket as the evening and early morning game drives tend to become quite cold.
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled a day or less before event
Cancellations should be emailed to [email protected]
Please note: All confirmed bookings will automatically incur a 10% non refundable admin fee for any cancellations received.