What You Can Expect on this Johannesburg Private Tours in 2 Days:
Discover the Best of Johannesburg on our private multi-day tour with a personal Guide/Driver. Enter the bustling city of Soweto where you will see the famous stadium which hosted the opening and closing ceremonies for the 2010 Soccer World Cup going deep into the township culture where you will get one of the most amazing experiences of diversity and rich history this part of Johannesburg has to offer. From driving past the Mandela Home in Vilakazi to learning more about June 16 Soweto uprising at the Hector Petersen Museum and experiencing one of the best African Cuisine at a local restaurant in Vilakazi. You will get to learn more about South African history by making your last stop at the Apartheid Museum.
You will go deeper in the evolutionary history of humankind by making your way to one of the World’s Heritage Sites namely, Cradle of Humankind. We will take you on a tour to the Sterkfontein Caves which is home to the famous ‘Mrs Ples’ and ‘Little Foot’ and thousands of fossils discovered.
Proposed and Custom Best Of Johannesburg in 2 Days Private Tour Itinerary:
- You will be collected from your hotel in Johannesburg between 09:00am-09:30am for a mind-blowing experience in the bustling City of Soweto Tour.
- On your way to Soweto, you will pass by the famous National Football Stadium City, which hosted the opening and closing ceremonies of the Soccer World Cup 2010. From there, you will enter the Diepkloof area, where the vendors are located, selling just about anything you can think of.
- In Orlando West, you will visit Vilakazi Street- drive past the Mandela House where a visit into the museum is optional as well as past the home of Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
- You will have an opportunity to read about the Soweto uprising on 16 June 1976. On that tragic day, an innocent little boy called Hector Pieterson gave up his life and kick-started the liberation of South Africa.
- For you to truly experience the full history and heritage of this famous township, our tour will take you into the depths of the shanty towns where you get to interact with some of the locals and see how they live.
- You will drive past the Soweto Campus of the Johannesburg University and end off our tour with a stop at the largest hospital in the world: Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital.
- You will then get to experience the best traditional meals at one of the african restaurants on Vilakazi Street in Orlando.
- After lunch, you will visit the world famous Apartheid Museum where you will learn about the history of South Africa and the struggle of its people during the apartheid era for approximately 2 hours before returning you back to hotel around 17:00
- You will be collected from your hotel in Johannesburg for an evolutionary day tour
- The tour starts at the Maropeng Visitors Centre which focuses on the development of humans and our ancestors over the past few million years. Maropeng means “returning to the place of origin” in Setswana, the main indigenous language in this area of South Africa. Our ancestors have lived in this area for more than 3-million years
- From Maropeng, we proceed to the Visitors Centre of the Sterkfontein Caves which is the site of some of the most important discoveries concerning the evolution of man and have been declared a World Heritage Site. If it’s true that Africa is the cradle of all mankind, and most palaeontologists believe this to be so, then Sterkfontein Caves is surely one of the continent’s sacred sites. The Sterkfontein Caves have been described as the ‘anthropological treasure-house of the world’
- After the tour, you will be dropped of at your hotel in Johannesburg
- Private Soweto, Apartheid Museum, Cradle of Humankind and Sterkfontein Caves Tour
- Flexible Time
- Private and Personal Tour Guide Driver and Private Vehicle
- Spend more time on activities and places of interests which are appealing to you
- Discover the Best of Johannesburg
- See homes of Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu
- Hector Peterson Museum
- Apartheid Museum
- Traditional African Lunch
- Maropeng Visitor Centre
- Sterkfontein Caves
- Tour in a cave
- Private tour guide/Driver and private vehicle
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Chilled bottled water onboard the vehicle
- Flexibility to choose your places of interest
- Entrance Fees to Hector Peterson Museum and Apartheid Museum
- Lunch at local restaurant in Vilakazi Street for Soweto Tour
- Entrance to Maropeng Centre and Sterkfontein Caves
- Meals and drinks (unless specified otherwise)
- Tips/Gratuities (optional)
- You can pay directly online
- Instant confirmation
- Infant seats are available on request
- Comfortable walking shoes are advisable
- Children must be accompanied by adults
- Price of this tour is charged per Person
- Single supplement applies
Cancellations 60-30 days prior to commencement of services: 25% cancellation fee
Cancellations 29-20 days prior to commencement of services: 50% cancellation fee
Cancellations 19-10 days prior to commencement of services: 75% cancellation fee
Cancellations 9-0 days prior to commencement of services: 100% cancellation fee
Cancellations should be emailed to [email protected]
Please note: All confirmed bookings will automatically incur a 10% non refundable admin fee for any cancellations received.