From Durban: Full Day Shared Tour to Lion Park; Birds of Prey; Tala Game Reserve & PheZulu Village
Prepare for an adventurous Full Day Tour from Durban and embark on an unforgettable experience which includes close encounters with Lions, Elephants, Eagles, Owls and Vultures; join a Safari Game Drive and end the tour with a Zulu Cultural experience and a visit to the Reptile Park. This tour has been created for visitors to Durban wishing to explore Wildlife and Zulu Culture in one full day tour.
- Full Day Wildlife-Safari and Zulu Cultural experience
- Close encounters with the Lions and Elephants at Lion Park
- Wonder around the African Raptor Centre and view Eagles, Hawks, Owls and Falcons in different sizes
- Visit a Malaria-free private game reserve and see 380 bird species and plenty of big game, including kudu, hippo, buffalo, giraffe, wildebeest and eland
- Visit PheZulu Cultural Village and learn about the Zulu tribe in their natural habitat.
- See huge Crocodiles and Snakes in the Reptile Park
After pick up at guests’ accommodation in Durban between 7:30 and 8:00am, we will travel for approximately 1-hour to Natal Lion Park near Pietermaritzburg. We will drive along a scenic route prominent for its lush fields of sugar cane and beautiful landscapes. The tour guide/driver will share stories and information about this region. There will be an optional comfort stop for restrooms and refreshments along the way. Upon our arrival at the Natal Lion Park we will drive into the Lion’s enclosure and encounter a pride of Lions. [Please be sure to keep vehicle doors locked and windows closed at all times whilst inside the Lion’s enclosure. Photos can be captured but only through the closed vehicle windows.] Thereafter we will exit the Lion enclosure for our close encounter the Elephants. Guests will be able to get out of the vehicle and take photos with the Elephants.
We then proceed to Birds of Prey where we will see Eagles, Hawks, Owls and Falcons in the African Raptor Centre. [Please do not stand too close to the fence enclosing these birds, especially the Vultures.] The African Bird of Prey Sanctuary is home to the widest selection of indigenous raptors in southern Africa.
Our next stop will be at Tala Private Game Reserve for a Malaria-free Safari. Upon our arrival at the game reserve, guests will join an exciting Game Drive in an open 4×4 Game Truck. We will see 380 bird species and animals like kudu, hippo, buffalo, giraffe, wildebeest, eland, zebra and rhino. Tala is spread over 3000 hectares of acacia thornveld, open grassland and sensitive wetland and is the quickest way to see free roaming animals.
We end off our tour with a stop at PheZulu Safari Park. This region is known as the Valley of 1000 Hills. This is where guests will be taken into traditional homestead of thatched huts, where various artifacts, beliefs and rituals will be explained by a local guide. This is a unique opportunity to experience the Zulu cultural of singing, dancing and performing by the world famous Gasa clan at PheZulu village dressed in their traditional clothing. Hear the African Drumbeat and feel the rhythm in your feet as you dance on African soil under African skies with this authentic Zulu nation. After the Zulu Village experience, we take a walk through the Reptile Park, where we will see Crocodiles and Snakes. Learn interesting facts about the crocodiles and snakes of different species like the Nile croc, the Green Mamba, Puff Adder, Egyptian Cobra, etc.
After this memorable full day excursion, we will return to Durban where guests will be dropped off at their accommodation between 17:00 and 17:30pm.
- Shared Qualified Tour Guide/Driver, vehicle and fuel
- Pick up and drop off at accommodation in Durban
- Bottled water onboard the vehicle
- Meals and Drinks (Available for purchase at Tala Restaurant [Tala Game Reserve] or Boma Restaurant [PheZulu Village])
- Entrance fees to places of interest as per itinerary (Please see Entrance Fees list)
- Gratuities (optional)
Entrance Fees List
- Natal Lion Park: @ R50.00 per person
- Birds of Prey @ R70.00 per adult; R40.00 per child (2 – 13 yrs) [Open Wednesday to Sunday]
- Tala Game Drive: @ R310.00 per adult; R195.00 per child (5 – 12 yrs)
- PheZulu Village & Reptile Park: @ R180.00 per adult; R120.00 per child (under 12 yrs)
|CAPE TOWN PACKAGE TOURS||Cape of Good Hope Private Tour|
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled a day or less before event
Cancellations should be emailed to [email protected]
Please note: All confirmed bookings will automatically incur a 10% non refundable admin fee for any cancellations received.